📚 node [[why the blockchain matters]]
Why the blockchain matters
- Author: Seth Godin
- Full Title: Why the blockchain matters
- Category: #articles
- URL: https://seths.blog/2021/05/why-the-blockchain-matters/
- And that’s the first reason that the blockchain matters—because there’s a chance that it might lead to more open, resilient, market-focused networks and databases. It’s only a chance, though, because all the hype around the tokens sometimes makes it seem more likely that financial operators will simply seek to manipulate unregulated markets for their own benefit.
- The second reason might support positive change. The existence of tokens and decentralization means that it’s possible to build resilient open source communities where early contributors and supporters benefit handsomely over time.
Now imagine a blockchain/token project in which contributors earned tokens as they built it and supported it.
- Tags: crypto
- The distributed nature of the blockchain, combined with this novel way of funding early contributions means that the network effect may very well bring powerful new databases to the fore, creating new ways for us to interact.
📖 stoas (collaborative spaces) for [[why the blockchain matters]]
- Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/why-the-blockchain-matters
- Video call (Jitsi) at https://meet.jit.si/why-the-blockchain-matters
🔎 full text search for [[why the blockchain matters]]