📚 node [[wikilink]]
A wikilink looks like this: wikilink. They are text surrounded by two square brackets.
- Not to be confused with an ECMAScript internal property, which is also surrounded by doubel brackets :)
Wikilinks come, wait for it, from wikis :) But they need not be limited only to things we usually think of as wikis.
- You could use wikilinks everywhere.
- You can think of the Agora as a sort of distributed wiki, although users in this particular kind of wiki volunteer individual contributions instead of editing common pages (for now).
Wikilinks are the heart of this agora.
wikilink resolves to
node/wikilinkin an agora.
- When needed slugify rules are applied.
- Wikilinks are great because they allow for very easy linking: you just link it as you go along, then the link either works (because someone wrote that node/article/resource already) or you can click through and backfill it. I call this procedure link-driven writing.
- Whenever there is more than one node with a given wikilink in an Agora (typical use case: notes kept on a certain topic by different users), the Agora will surface all of them when resolving the wikilink in question. Example: README.
- wikilink resolves to
- pull wikilinks wikilinks everywhere
📖 stoa (open document) at doc.anagora.org/wikilink
⥅ related node [[wikilinks]] pulled by user
- I'm excited about wikilinks everywhere.
vera suggested we rename these. Some brainstorming follows
- multilinks: as they are unlike regular links in that they can point to many different places -- which particular URL they resolve to depends on the user clicking them.
- querylinks (qlinks?): as they essentially behave as queries in the agora. queries return relevant subnodes/resources.
- nodelinks as they map to nodes in the agora.
- neil hyphalinks
- vera suggested we rename these. Some brainstorming follows
- pull wikilink
⥅ related node [[wikilinks-everywhere]] pulled by user
A project. open source.
- The goal is to make wikilinks work everywhere on the internet.
- It has a browser extension component.
- It has a social network component.
- go https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h2kSuh7TntPj_XZ7BnLPDwtwshq7skzF3BIYwLgVquA/edit#
- chat https://app.element.io/#/room/#wikilinks:matrix.org
- tweet https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1337835415215202308
- See also agora rfcs, in particular 0 and 2.
The plan is to get in at least two pomodoros in this to advance it somehow in the direction of a prototype. Will try to build on agora ext.
⥅ related node [[all possible wikilinks]]
⥅ related node [[auto wikilinking]]
⥅ related node [[closing wikilinks]]
⥅ related node [[ecmascript internal property]]
⥅ related node [[etherpad wikilinks]]
⥅ related node [[hedgedoc wikilinks]]
⥅ related node [[jekyll wikilinks]]
⥅ related node [[link it as you go along]]
⥅ related node [[node]]
⥅ related node [[readme]]
⥅ related node [[slugify]]
⥅ related node [[using fuzzy links aka wikilinks in org roam]]
⥅ related node [[wiki]]
⥅ related node [[wikilink]]
⥅ related node [[wikilinked tools]]
⥅ related node [[wikilinking tools]]
⥅ related node [[wikilinks amount to a lightweight universal standard for knowledge interoperability]]
🔎 full text search for 'wikilink'