layout: post title: 12" Macbook Pro...with touchscreen keyboard created: 1181271081 categories:
OK, WWDC is on its way and we need to guess what might be announced. Here are some data points:
- a Macbook rev has been announced
- a Macbook Pro rev has been announced
- the iPhone is out and is supercoolawesome already
- we don't know everything about Leopard
- usually something "cool" gets announced at WWDC
So, by that logic, we might see something not so exciting like "brushed steel iMacs" (rumor passing on credit to Dave Shea).
But, I'm going to take a stab at predicting what we might see: I think we're in for a 12" Macbook Pro (or a different name?). But with a difference. No keyboard. The entire surface will be a touchpad / tablet / screen thingie, kind of like the iPhone. You can use a virtual keyboard, or you can do crazy touch sensitive actions.
There are reports of patents going back a while (and yes, that might just be iPhone related), and then there is that crazy virtual keyboard company that I can't find a link to now, that Apple bought some time ago.
There. That's it. That's my guess. I hope I'm right :P
Update: I found a link to a "leaked" outline for the WWDC keynote tomorrow -- talking about a 10" iPhone at Home...which is pretty close to the "tablet / non computer" that I've been thinking Apple would launch for quite some time.
- public document at doc.anagora.org/2007-06-07-12-macbook-pro-with-touchscreen-keyboard
- video call at meet.jit.si/2007-06-07-12-macbook-pro-with-touchscreen-keyboard