📚 Node [[lights]]
- I [[love]] lights.
I like making them my meditation object, after reaching access concentration through focus on the breath or some other means.
- One can always ask oneself: where are the lights around us that can be seen? And look for them in your visual field, either with your eyes open or closed.
- Presumably this object has in common with the breath that it can always be perceived if you are conscious. This seems to be my experience, although I wonder how beings who were born blind according to a common definition define light.
My experience after practicing this kind of meditation exercise is that:
- Light persists on closing your eyes and looking away.
There are usually more lights than I usually think around me at any given time.
- In the modern world this is because there are many electrical sources around at night in urban environments.
- But in every case phenomenons like [[reflection]] make it so that single light sources can be seen through many paths, which I perceive as many lights.
- This sometimes leads me to think about the nature of [[experience]] and [[entanglement]].
- After some time I return to the [[breath]].
📓 lights.md (text) by @email@example.com
⭕ portal to [[light]] built by an Agora user
🏛️ Stoas for [[lights]]
📖 Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/lights 📖 Open document (Etherpad) at https://stoa.anagora.org/p/lights 📹 Video conferencing space (Jitsi Meet) at https://meet.jit.si/lights
🔎 Full text search for [[lights]]