An Agora is defined by its code of conduct; it is a contract that binds us within its confines. It is of utmost importance for it to be well specified and known by all.
- Be honest.
- When interacting with others through references or comments, please observe the Principle of Charity.
- Be constructive, rational, kind and respectful.
- Follow your own public set of values; your personal contract, which you may upload to the Agora as a file named
contract.mdto join it with this node.
- When you meet someone that you disagree with, please prioritize mutual understanding over winning an argument.
- If you made a mistake, apologize.
- If someone made a mistake and apologized thoroughly, please try to forgive them.
Thank you and have a nice day!
- I endorse the base contract of this Agora.
- I am one of the Flancians and this is my manifesto.
- I intend to bring facets of Flancia into the real world, only as far as they also benefit others, without unilaterally imposing my will.
- Because I am unskillful, I need your help. I am open to any feedback anytime.
The formalization of a mutually beneficial relationship among or between two or more parties.
Issues to look out for:
- Was there mutual assent?
- Was there a mutual exchange of consideration? A completely one sided agreement is generally unenforceable, but there are exceptions (e.g., promissory estoppel, or a promissory note).
- Was there an integration clause contained within a written agreement? If not, other evidence outside of the written agreement may be introduced if a dispute arises.
↪ Effective Altruism
↪ Less Wrong
↪ Encyclopedia of World Problems