Monday, April 5, 2021
- [[opus populi]]
[[hack the planet]]
- [[johnny mnemonic]]
- [[python type annotations]]
- [[hometown]] is a [[mastodon]] fork: https://trello.com/c/OT2MpJFB/19-investigate-hometown-migration
- fixed trailing spaces in [[agora search]]
- I should review [[github slugify]] and see if I can just adopt it instead of the hack in [[util.py]]
- I should locate [[auto push]] and [[auto pull]] in [[do]] and estimate when I will get to them.
- [[bill evans]]
We spent the sunny weekend outide beautifully. Now it's the time to [[do]].
Working on honing my [[daily meditation]] also working on [[daily routine]] I started [[roller skating]] finding new roomates in [[communal housing]] [[ownership vs commons]]
Read [[404 Page Not Found]].
- Good article on what we lost when web 1.0 became web 2.0. How the bit social media platforms killed creativity and agency.
- Kicked off an emergent outline - [[Reweirding the web]].
- [[The Pattern Language of Project Xanadu]].
- What I do when I'm [[Getting a phone]].
[Peter Clark @plc asks](https://twitter.com/plc/status/1378928541962706950 ):
I really want a simple, thoughtfully private, not owned by a tech conglomerate, photo sharing app that is really nicely designed. like instagram in 2010. does this exist?
I answered with links to [[Micro.blog]] and the [[Sunlit]] client and [[ActivityPub]] powered [[Pixelfed]].
I think Pixelfed is probably the strongest foundation, with the bonus that you could pull in [[Mastodon]] and other ActivityPub content that included photos for a broader network.
I’ve talked to some artists and for them it’s about other inspiring artists on the platform and... people who buy the work they post.
Some social networks — like art or styles of photos — simply aren’t niche, so where do network effects come from? How do we get started?
Stripe style documentation from [[Markdown]] written in [[GoLang]] and under the [[MIT License]].
Subdirectories and two new extensions to Markdown.
I would probably just use the same style and just use Jekyll as a more common and flexible [[SSG]].
- 10:23 first one in a long time
- American Hypocrisy - Public and Open, Private infrastructure and lives
- Finance is the wrong level of abstraction